The United States Air Force Academy (USAFA), United States Coast Guard Academy (USCGA), United States Military Academy (USMA) and United States Naval Academy (USNA) will compete to recycle the most aluminum beverage cans (per capita) during a consecutive ten week period in the Fall (USAFA 9/1-11/10, USCGA 9/12-11/21, USMA 9/8-11/17, and USNA 9/19-11/21).
- Register your Academy before December 15th, the last day of the contest by emailing email@example.com.
- Designate your recycling representatives who will be responsible for turning cans in to the academy’s recycling center and maintaining a Recycling Log of the poundage recycled.
- Collect, count/weigh and submit your cans to your academy’s designated recycling center.
- Cans collected outside of the designated contest period will not be counted.
- Make your final log entry no later than December 15, 2016 and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winner will be announced in early January and awarded with Ms. Maureen Sullivan, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (Environment, Safety & Occupational Health) at the Pentagon in February.
Used aluminum cans are recycled and back on store shelves as a new can in as few as 60 days!