Nearly 75% of all aluminum ever produced is still in use today.
The Great American Can Roundup School Challenge is open to all public and private, Kindergarten through 12th grade schools in the United States.
- Register by April 28, 2018 (the last day of the 2017-18 contest period).
- Recycle between April 29, 2017 and April 22, 2018 (new dates for this year… we want you to recycle ALWAYS!)
- Report between November 15, 2017 and April 22, 2018.
- One registration per school. Registration is required.
- Winners are determined by the pounds of aluminum cans recycled per capita which is determined by student enrollment.
Rules of Participation
The school’s recycling contact should monitor the school’s account throughout the competition. If pounds have not been verified most likely the cause is that recycling documentation has not been received and should be uploaded. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are three ways to recycling your cans (new for this year):
- Recycling Center Drop-Off – Participants can submit receipts verified by the recycling center (with a stamp or a signature). By doing this, you are also earning the money from the Recycling Center.
- Recycling Special Pick Up – Sometimes you can work with your local recycling center and have them pick up your cans for you. By doing this, you may not earn as much on your cans but could still raise some funds.
- Recycling Regular Pick Up – For schools that already have recycling picked up at their school, you no longer need to take your cans to a buy back center. You can simply separate them from other packages and report the number of cans taken away by weighing* or counting them.
- School’s are encouraged to solicit donations of recycled cans from other organizations (either the cans themselves or a form denoting how many cans were recycled*).
- All Recycling Receipts and Forms must be uploaded by April 28, 2018.
- Winners are determined by the pounds of aluminum cans recycled per capita.
- April 22 is the last day to collect aluminum cans.
- April 28 is the last day to recycle your cans and upload receipts to www.canroundup.com. If you are having technical difficulties, email us at email@example.com and we will help you.
Log in to your Challenge account. Forgot your password? Type in your email address and click on forgot password. Forgot your username or password? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email us at email@example.com. We are happy to help.
*Weigh using a luggage scale or standing on a regular scale with and without cans.
By participating, registered schools agree to these official rules and the decisions of the sponsor and the judges from any and all liability, claims or damages arising out of their participation and the acceptance and use of a prize. Sponsor assumes no liability for lost, late, miscredited, illegible, incomplete or damaged Registration Forms, Recycling Log/Verification Forms. In addition, sponsor assumes no liability for mail or for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures or any kind of failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions of contest forms, materials or submissions.